Okay, I'll admit it: I have never had Nutella, ever, for any reason, under any circumstances. Call me what you will, I just haven't. Peanutbutter reins supreme at my house, it's nearly impossible to have enough of the stuff, actually. You're probably wondering, then, why are you all of a sudden discussing Nutella? Here's the rub (or spread, I guess) : A good friend of mine (fellow jazz musician and classmate) and I are trading talents for a favor. He's a real techie guy (specializing in Macbooks, and all Apple products) and I'm known as quite the baker (and in need of a new computer). So, he's going to find and fix up a great Macbook for me, and sell it to me for a great price and I'm going to buy it and supply lots of cookies and baked goods. I've known of his love for Nutella for many years. Instead of (or in addition to) my go-to chocolate butter cookies, snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies, I decided to find a recipe for some sort of cookie made with Nutella. There are so many things to find over the world wide web. It's not even funny. I narrowed it down to two recipes. While both have rave reviews on their respective websites, they're completely different. Not to worry, I'm planning on testing them both, I'll also post them in the Celiacs R Us page. I'll let you know how everything goes, however I'm still unsure about Nutella. I've just tried it for the very first time, right out of the jar, just a small lick off the spoon, and quite frankly I'm not very impressed. Maybe it's because I always understood that it was a substitute for those avoiding peanuts, but to me it just tastes like chocolate frosting with a small twist. I'm still totally pro-peanutbutter (JIF, to be exact). Oh well, maybe the cookies will be good. I'll let you know!
Feel free to try them along with me and let me know what you think.
Feel free to try them along with me and let me know what you think.